Sunday, January 23, 2011

3 Years - Our Anniversary Trip to Seoul Tower

January 5th 2008 I married the love of my life, Brad. Three years later, we find ourselves in another country, with 1 more kid, a pet, and on a fun adventure. We have never been an a trip for anniversary before. We have pretty much always been travelling home from visiting family since our anniversary is right after the holiday season. This year we decided that we were definitely going on a trip together. We dropped Riley off at school, Elijah off at daycare and headed to the subway. When we finally got off at the stop that is closest to the Seoul Tower, I started taking pictures.
We had to take a cable car at one point... or I guess we could have walked up the stairs that go up the mountain... but it was 15 degrees outside and well... I'm not much for walking all the way up the side of a mountain =) Here are the views on the way up:
We did have to walk a little ways after we got off the cable car, but I got some really great pics of the scenery:


We bought a lock to attach on the fence at the base of the tower. It something that pretty much everyone does when they visit here, so we found our spot and put our little piece of metal on the huge canvas of locks:
Our Lock!
Another part of the fencing that was COVERED in locks
We travelled up into the tower and visited some of the other places that were around like souvenir shops and a little restaurant.

Our Chicken Salad that we had with our meal - YUMMY!
It was a great day to spend together. When we left we got lost in underground Seoul, yikes! That's not something I'm up for again, but we made our way to the Army post in Seoul and shopped at their PX then headed home on one of the buses. What an exhausting but awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment