Friday, October 29, 2010

October

It sure feels like October flew by! I've been quite the busy momma. This week was just crazy!

Monday I was supposed to go to bible study... but I ended up skipping it and sewing most of the night. I have been working on a few costumes, one for Riley as Tinkerbell, another for Elijah as Peter Pan and lastly a Cow Girl for Tiffanie's role in the Hospitality house Murder Mystery night.

Tuesday I took Riley to the Elementary School Fall Festival. We had a great time. They served hot dogs, chips, popcorn, drinks and had cookies to decorate and eat. They also had games in the gym to earn candy or prizes and had crafts in the library. After that we went to the last half of youth worship band. Its the funniest thing to see a group of youth freak out at the sight of a whistle..... We were having a little bit of a hard time getting them to listen when we talked, so Brad got a whistle and he starts blowing it really quietly at first and its amazing how quickly then hush. It only took one regular blow on that whistle and then got the point. After practice we went to eat with our friend Daniel then headed home and I sewed a little bit til bed.

Wednesday was a major sewing day since I needed both Riley and Elijah's costumes finished for the next day. We went to eat at the Mexican restaurant early, then volunteered at AWANAs for a few hours and then headed home for my sewing extravaganza!

Thursday was the Trick or Treat bas at the base. All of the organization and some squadrons set up rooms or table outside and gave out candy to all the kids. Then there was a costume contest at the Officer's Club. My little ones didn't win and I'm kind ticked about that since most of the ones that did win were just random store bought costumes..... and I worked really hard making ours. Grrr... oh well. The kids had fun and still got a bag of candy. We decided to go eat at the steak house afterwards, the Flying M. It was really good food and I was so tired and thankful not to have to cook. I had to finish the Cow Girl costume when I got home, but it went rather smoothly.

Friday was a crazy day. Brad got up and went to bible study at 6:30 AM, while I had the kids at home. I got Riley dropped off to school and then took Elijah to work with me for a little while since Mrs. Tiffanie had to take Thomas to the Dr for his 3 year appt.  That was a crazy time! I send Brad a message and he came by to see me and pick up the check for the t-shirts we're having made for the Contemporary Worship Team. Those should get ordered this weekend. Yay!!!! When I got off work I picked up Elijah from Tiffanie and headed to Riley's school to get her ready for the costume parade. I signed in and headed to her class and didn't see the lights on so I went out the doors next to it to check the playground.... thus locking myself out! After 20 minutes or so a parent finally saw me and let me back in, thankfully. I got Ry ready and Elijah and I escorted her in the parade. We left the school and headed to the Medical Unit to catch everyone up on their shots. Ry and I had to get flu shots, but poor Elijah was due for his flu shot along with his 18 month shots. Youch! He did good though, didn't cry for very long. I was a total waste after that though, so we ended up with Stouffer's Lasagna, cheesy garlic toast and Cookies and Cream pie for supper.

Today I feel rested, finally!!!! I'm glad I finally got to sleep in! Brad had to work though, so I'm sure he'd be kinda tired tonight. So far, I've moved all of the stuff off the desk and moved it out of the corner it was in, vacuumed the living room/dining room and moved around all kinds of furniture. Brad should be pretty impressed when he gets home. Now if only I had the table moved already to its new & hopefully permanent home. *Sigh*

I guess that means its time to get back to work. Til next time everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment