Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Wishing everyone a happy halloween from South Korea! We have lots of fun plans for the day! We are heading over to the fall festival so that the kids can play games and eat and get some treats and then ending our day with trick or treating in our apartment complex.

Did you know that there are FREE  templates for pumpkins online? That's right! You don't have to buy those papers that you will only use once! This year, I used this site to print out our template. I love it! Free is always good!

Here is our completed pumpkin:
 
I'm a sucker for roasted pumpkin seeds and this is the only time of year that I make them at home. Do you roast your pumpkin seeds? If not, here's how you do it:
 
1) Rinse the pumpkin seeds under cold water and pick out the pulp and strings. I usually let them soak for 20 minutes so that more of the goo comes off.
2) Place the pumpkin seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet that has been pre-sprayed with cooking spray. Spray the top of the seeds with more cooking spray and then sprinkle with salt.

3) Bake at 325 degrees F until about 25 minutesor until toasted. Be sure to check and stir them after 10 minutes.

4) Let cool and store in an air-tight container
 
... and of course I have to include pictures of our kiddos(Ry's costume is handmade, as usual):
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment