
Today was Riley's first days of Sure Start, which is the same thing as Head Start back in the the states. Since we are overseas they are completely funded by the Federal Government, rather than a state like Head Start is. The kids have to be 4 to enroll and they go to school the same days as the Elementary School kids. Its housed within the Osan American Elementary School. Riley had to be there between 7:45 and 8:00. School started at 8:05. She finishes before the rest of the school though, at 1:45pm, so they use a back entrance for picking the kids up so as not to bother the other kids that are still in class. I took her today and I will take her again tomorrow, but on Monday she will start riding the school bus. She's thrilled at the idea of riding the bus... me.... not so much. I think that makes it feel like my little girl really is growing up. Here are a few more pictures:
No comments:
Post a Comment