Monday, October 29, 2012

Tasty Tuesday

I am going to try and share a dining experience every Tuesday. We will see how well I do with keeping this going... haha!

This week I am sharing an experience at our local E-Mart. For those of you who are not with us here in Korea, E-mart is a lot like Target... just really Korean-ized. I will have to do a whole post on E-Mart later. Anyways... on to the food.

I ordered the Ramen at their food court and this is what I got...
Ok... Lets start with the round pot... that is the actual ramen. It was FANTASTIC!!! It has green onions and egg cooked in to it along with some other green veggies and of course the ramen noodles and a broth that has a little spice to it. The round dish at the top with the three yellow circles are a type of pickled raddish that the Koreas call Danmuji. I'm a huge fan of this stuff. I eat it at every Korean restaurant that we go to that serves it. The next round dish at the top is Kimchi... I HATE this stuff! (Unless it is the cucumber variety) This one is a raddish based kind, unlike most of the kimchi that is made of cabbage and it is SPICY! Below the two round dishes is a "lunchbox" with rice, a fried egg, dried seaweed and slices of grilled SPAM (and there is some cabbage kimchi in the right top corner of the box). Yes, I did say SPAM. I like the seaweed and rice and egg all mixed up, but I could do without the SPAM.

There you have it, a typical lunch in Korea, one of my favorites, actually!

1 comment: