Wednesday, August 25, 2010

E-Mart

In Korea there is no such thing as Walmart or Target. Instead we have Home Plus and E-Mart. They are very similar to the department stores back in the states, but still very different. We have visited both, but I have to say my favorite is E-Mart. We go a few times a month and its always fun to find new things there. Here's some pictures of the front of the store & the guys who direct your vehicle:


Inside there is a McDonalds, which is part of a nice food court. There's also some Korean places to eat, Baskin Robbins, a coffee place and a Chinese place. Here are some pics of the family eating in the food court a week ago:


And here is a pic of the McDonalds arches and the Korean equivalent of the word McDonalds:


Brad noticed that some of the items they had for sale were 'gramatically' incorrect. I took a few pictures so you all could see the funny things we run into here:



I think E-Mart is great but it doesn't hold a candle to Walmart and Target. Oh how I miss Super Walmart!

No comments:

Post a Comment